Welcome to StartHardware! On these pages you will find tutorials and projects around Arduino. You want to make LEDs blink? Control motors and impress your loved ones? Then you are right here!
Arduino is a microcontroller platform that consists of the programming environment – the Arduino IDE – and the microcontroller board – the Arduino board. For this purpose there is a worldwide community of Arduino friends that compiles and expands information such as on this website. I hope you have as much fun with Arduino as I do!
Are you a beginner? Then check out the Arduino tutorial. This is a complete beginner’s course. Technical hints can be found above under the menu item Tutorials and of course there are a lot of Arduino projects here.
If you don’t have any material yet, have a look at the Arduino starter kit buying guide.
- Arduino Jack O’Lantern with animated eyesI’m a big Halloween fan and I like to celebrate the ghost party. In this project you will learn how to build… Read More »Arduino Jack O’Lantern with animated eyes
- RaylFX – Train StationThis module of the RaylFX system controls an Arduino train station for the model railway. The functions include: OLED-Departure display with changing… Read More »RaylFX – Train Station
- RaylFX – Forestry ModuleThis module of the RaylFX system is inspired by the falling tree set from NOCH, for which I had received a request.… Read More »RaylFX – Forestry Module
- RaylFX – Ambient Lighting for model cityThis module of the RaylFX system controls the ambient lighting of the model railway. For this purpose, an RGBW LED strip is… Read More »RaylFX – Ambient Lighting for model city
- RaylFX – Military Training AreaThis module of the RaylFX system controls a military training area and offers some exciting action. It has a shooting range control… Read More »RaylFX – Military Training Area
- RaylFX – Level Crossing with ArduinoThis module of the RaylFX system uses Arduino to control a level crossing. It consists of two boom barriers, two St. Andrew’s… Read More »RaylFX – Level Crossing with Arduino
- RaylFX – VillageThis module of the RaylFX system can be used to illuminate a settlement, a building or a city. Up to ten residential… Read More »RaylFX – Village
- RaylFX – Operation Site with Arduino and flashing blue lightThis module of the RaylFX system controls an operation site. It includes four pairs of blue lights that can flash at different… Read More »RaylFX – Operation Site with Arduino and flashing blue light
- RaylFX – Traffic Light ModuleThis module of the RaylFX system operates a traffic light system with two driving directions and pedestrian lights. In addition, there is… Read More »RaylFX – Traffic Light Module
- RaylFX – Fair ModuleThe first module of the RaylFX series is the Fair module. These are various effects that you can expect to see at… Read More »RaylFX – Fair Module
- RaylFX – Effects for model railroads and model making with Arduino NanoThe Miniature Wonderland in Hamburg really fascinated me. Of course, all the trains and tracks are already ingenious, but the real magic… Read More »RaylFX – Effects for model railroads and model making with Arduino Nano
- Creepy Halloween candy dispenser with ArduinoIn this project I show you how to build a Halloween candy dispenser with creepy factor with Arduino. What is a Halloween… Read More »Creepy Halloween candy dispenser with Arduino
- Morse code with ArduinoIf you dive into the world of microcontroller programming one of the first exercises is the flashing of an SOS in Morse… Read More »Morse code with Arduino
- Touchless soap dispenser with ArduinoThese are crazy times we live in and I thought for a while about releasing this project. However, you don’t have that… Read More »Touchless soap dispenser with Arduino
- Arduino Valentine’s Day Project: Romantic Wall LightSomehow it should be Valentine’s Day every day, right? Special attention is due to the people who share their lives with us.… Read More »Arduino Valentine’s Day Project: Romantic Wall Light
- Open fire on an LED matrix displayIt is winter and the right time for warm thoughts. May this LED matrix open fire help. Parts Arduino compatible Ultimate Starter… Read More »Open fire on an LED matrix display
- Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 5: Analog Input with LDRIn the previous chapters we covered the output variants of the NodeMCU, now lets get a value back from it. We are… Read More »Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 5: Analog Input with LDR
- Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 4: Server, LED, RGBNow, it is time to upgrade our project a little bit. In order to show different colors we are going to use… Read More »Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 4: Server, LED, RGB
- Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 3: Server and LEDNow it it time to connect the NodeMCU to Wifi. We will use it as a server so we can connect it… Read More »Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 3: Server and LED
- Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 2Now, it is time to make some blink! In this part you will learn how you can utilize the Breadboard and what… Read More »Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 2
- Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 1Folks, Christmas is coming and it is time to build some interactive Christmas Decoration! We will use a micro controller called ESP8266.… Read More »Interactive Christmas Decoration – Part 1